Friday, October 29, 2010

A sonnet to my truck. And some pics of my site.

 A sonnet to my truck.
Oh truck,
How you never fail,
How even when I break you,
You are always fixable,
I love how you sound when your cold,
and you scare old ladies on the street with your
loud exhaust sounds,
How you squeak and groan, 
But you eventually get there.

I love your rust.
Those great holes of rust that are getting bigger,

I love that your front shocks are blown.
I love that the back shocks are good.
I love that often I need to kick my bumper back into shape,
with steel toe boots.

I love my truck.





Here are some pics of what my shack as it is right now, as well as some of the wood that Ive gathered.

My truck was a huge help with that fire wood as I used it to cross some pretty gnarly terrain, totally natural terrain, with full loads of that fire wood, as close as I could to my site. It still took a fair amount of sweat to get those rounds of wood to the site, but it helped tonnes!

Ive got a tarp over the wood now, as it was snowing later that night that that picture was taken. I hope to set up a little roof over the wood so that I can gather more and have easy access to it.

That log there is a beast and Im trying to figure out something that I can use it for that would be worth the effort of hauling it to site. I dont have a chain saw to hack it up. All those rounds that I have Ive scrounged from abandoned campsites and the logging road itself. People lose them from there truck and leave them there.

I also have a friend from school trying to hook me up with some roof building materials, hopefully that pans out.


No comments: