Monday, October 18, 2010

Minor Success Number One

Last night was the best sleep in my shack I've had yet! (even though I woke at 3am to get to work).

Due to a few factors, the major one embarrasingly being that it was considerably warmer last night (I mean 1 or 2 degrees instead of minus 5), but a couple other factors helped to.

First thing, My blankets that I wrapped around my sleeping bags had been falling off and losing their fasteners that I put into them. I fixed that and improved it. Snugging it around my sleeping bags and tightening it up, leaving no air flow areas open that would destroy my warmth.

The second thing, I ended up trying that theory of heating water and putting it in a bottle and throwing that in with you when you sleep. IT WORKED!

It felt like I was with another body, without the benefits of that in reality, haha. Even though it was a small aluminum bottle, not even 1 litre. It was still noticably warm when I woke up at 3am, 5 hours after I put it in with me.

Im pretty sold on the idea and when I get a bigger bottle, I will definately keep that in with me.

It gave me some confidence that I might be able to slowly build my comfort levels up as the weather gets colder, respectively.

No comments: