Sunday, October 24, 2010

Change of plans and beer

So beer leads to shacks

or shacks lead to beer

or... There was a crow, there was a raven, and there was Matt. Who came first? The shark gets the rest.

Yes.

This weekend was filled with a fare share of beer as I got a few checks and finally feel on top of the water for a bit and needed to celebrate a little. Nothing too crazy though as I have a new found fear (Or respect), of poverty.

I went out for a classmates birthday, the guy who said he'd talk to his father in law about getting me a wood stove. Well it turns out that the father in law said F*** That.

He said to my buddy that a wood stove isnt going to do me any good if my walls are just canvas and my roof is just tarp. He said that "why doesn't he just stay on my land?"

haha, what?

It turns out this guy has a acre of land with a trailer and a shack on it. Its not being used and he's trying to sell it but it definately wont sell during the winter (So he says). I end up meeting him and me and him go down to the land (with a beer stop on the way, for him not me, i dont drink and drive), and we see the place. Well I gotta say its better than where im staying. Not as nice a area but the building has a ROOF. It has INSULATION. It has a WHOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOOR THAT IF I FELL INTO I COULD SERIOUSLY HURT MYSELF. Thats all fine! The whole needs to be covered up way better, it needs a stove installed in it, it needs some SERIOUS cleaning up and the property itself could use some TLC but thats all fine, and with this little building i could make it all winter!!

The guy was crazy enthusiastic to get me in there, and to be honest at first it worried me a tiny bit, but my friend from school is the kind of guy I would trust heavily and he tells me his father-in-law is solid gold, and its stupid to turn down help. I offered to pay a little rent (Before I saw the place haha), but the guy (Marcel is his name) said that is not a problem and I think he just wants to help. The place hasnt been touched for years at a time, and I can tell. Probably helps him a bit to have someone on it getting little things looked after. The trailer on the plot is at first what he suggested but when we went in there, it was done. The roof of it had fallen and everything was almost destroyed inside.
The only problem is there is a large pack of angry wolves that use their surrounding plots of land to grow their stock and things like that. I told him thats fine and me and wolves generally get along fine, as long as they dont go for my achilles tendon and try to eat me.

He also told me there was a cougar in the area looking for young meat. I also told him that was fine...

we'll see how it goes on monday as Im planning to head out there with my bud from school again..

No comments: