Thursday, January 13, 2011

Maintenance on the Red Dragon

My buddy gave a name to my truck today,

called it the Red Dragon,

I kinda like that.

So basically my truck is falling apart.

The power steering pump went on it, as well as the rotors in the front, and etc. etc. etc. Just this last weekend my clutch went on it. Turned out there was little to no clutch fluid in the resevoir. Drove my truck home at 330 in the morning from far far away with no clutch.

BUT!

Now our class is in the auto-shop learning about cars as part of our program.

Means I get hoist time. And MAN have we been using it on my truck. Today we ripped off both front rotors and replaced them, while packing the bearings with new grease and checking out my clutch slave cyclinder.

I got two good friends in the class who are motivated to work on my truck, and I am happy to oblige!

Its better than just working on cars donated to the shop, cause there is more importance to it. This way we are all getting Matts, (my), truck in better shape. Makes us feel good. Only a cold beer would finish that comraderie right off.


The old......

The new with the cleaned up hub bolted to it


Not very good quality camera, but that upper rotor (old one) is pitted worse than the moon with rust spots. As well as having a huge amount of surface in the inside covered in rust.

No comments: