Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Why do I have to SPEND?

So,

I bought a computer this week. Or should I say, I built a computer, with a bunch of parts I bought, amounting to around 900$.

Intell i5 2500k - 3.3Ghz stock, Unlocked, and overclockable to over 4Ghz
MSI P65 motherboard - with every bell and whistle on the market. Intense overclocking ability
Thermaltake Tower - a solid desktop tower, with lots of room for equipment and cooling capabilities
Nividia 8800gs - My old video card, still a very capable mule - Im going to overclock it as well before I sell
New CD rom
New Harddrive
New power supply - 500w
Windows 7 Professional


Now that I have it...

I don't know,

Im just not satisfied.

I mean, It was fun to build up, and I did have some extra money for which to spend; if I chose. But, Im disappointed in myself now.

So, off to Craigslist.ca it goes. I will try to get as much for it back as I can.


Once you've hit rock bottom financially, which I did before, I've become more worried and careful with spending money. Not that it helped me here.

A old man told me once, "Money in the bank is your friend, with it, you can do anything" But, once you spend it, you lose that friend.

I have lost that friend.

It was just a good aquaintance, and Im sure I'll me able to earn that friend back...

Its hard to understand what it is that makes me so desperate to buy. As soon as I had realised that I was doing well, and had extra cash to burn, a squad of female Amazon warriors couldn't stop me from spending it.


I feel a little better now, that I've decided to try to mop up the damage, and sell the beast.

And, I think that if I play my cards right, I could come out without much of a hit.

No comments: